Iraca Construction, Iraca, is a Northshore base construction company with projects in Coquitlam,
North Vancouver and West Vancouver. We value people, relationships, innovation and culture. We
believe in constantly improving ourselves to provide the best possible service to our clients. Our core
business is building luxury custom single-family houses. We're doing construction differently, and
we're thinking outside the box about how we can constantly improve our company and our industry.
We are looking for a Site Assistant to join our growing team, who will be responsible for hands-on
work on various job sites throughout the Lower Mainland. This role also has the opportunity to lead
into other roles on our team, including Site Foreman and Site Superintendent.
Job Duties + Responsibilities:
- Work on various sites under Site Superintendent to keep site running smoothly
- Site Assistance – all other assistance tasks required by site
- Deficiencies- wrap up all items at close of project
- Site Maintenance – cleaning, organizing site for trade access and efficiency
- Project Schedule – expedite the project schedule through efficient and quality work
- Iraca’s Safety Program – complete daily hazard assessments, site inspections, sign-in
sheets, trade orientations
- Completing daily site reports
- Scheduling the tasks for the next day
- Driven – self-motivated and driven to push things forward no matter the circumstance
- Energetic – engaged personality that takes on complex challenges with enthusiasm
- Humble – willingness to admit when you've made a mistake and take ownership
- Personable – able to build and maintain solid relationships with trade partners and co-
- Mobile – willing to travel and be flexible in work locations and shifts
- Being relatively good to communicate in English -speaking and writing
- Enough computer knowledge to work with Microsoft packages particularly Word, One Note,
- Construction knowledge – overall understanding of construction process, hands on skills,
carpentry assistance. Knowledge of construction materials, tools, and machinery used.
Knowledge of construction sequencing and trade management.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate and problem solve with site supervisors, team members,
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with construction personnel,
equipment operators, supervisors, crew and sub- contractors.
- Having driving license
- experience in Construction Industry is an asset
Why Join Us:
- Competitive Pay – Hourly Rate commensurate with experience for this role – typical range is
$20-30/hr depending on apprenticeship year or level of experience
- Education + Apprenticeship – Iraca will support you through self education and support your
- Benefit Plan – strong benefit plan for you and your family that is above industry standard.
- Technology – we have a modern software set-up for construction including Monday,com,
Microsoft Team, and so on.
- Annual Profit sharing / incentive – you share in the company's profitability. An annual
percentage of profits are shared with the employees.
- Growth – Excellent candidates will have opportunity for growth within the company
- Culture – If you're looking for a company with a family dynamic where you can have
opportunities to grow, be challenged and known by your co-workers, then come join us!